Plastik Boru - What is PPRC?
PPRC stands for “polypropylene random copolymer”. It is also known as plastic pipes and fittings in the industry.
So what is PPRC: It can be translated into Turkish as "Polypropylene Random Copolymer". Today, it is an indispensable solution for hot water systems, which is referred to as PPRC, light and smooth, smooth and bright interior surface, hygienic and easy installation, despite the advantageous aspects of the plastic pipe industry. All kinds of PPRC Pipes and Fittings used for the hot and cold water installations stages in the buildings are produced using the highest quality raw materials. In our article, we explained in detail the difference between ppr and pprc and pprc pipe definitions.
PPRC raw material is divided into three classes in terms of heat, pressure and chemicals. These are: Type-1, Type-2 and Type-3. Raw Material PP-H (polypropylene homopolymer), Type-2, Raw Material PP-B (polypropylene blockcopolymer), Type-3, Raw Material PP-R (Polypropylene Randomcopolymer), is a Type-1 PP-H substance. Type-3 raw material has higher performance and better properties in terms of physical and chemical properties of Type-1 and Type-2 raw materials.
KAS PPRC Products: https://kas.com.tr/prod-category/pprc-grubu/
Where is PPRC Pipe Used? All About Plastic Pipe
The most important feature of this raw material in the pprc pipe industry is its high resistance to heat and chemical hazards. PP-R Pipes and Fittings used successfully in cold and hot water systems are caused by the resistance of PPRC to raw material. PP-R raw material monomer structure creates and protects a random chain PP-R Pipes and Fittings do not allow any biological material that produces the raw material of PPRC, it can be colored, provides excellent properties in preserving the taste and smell of the fluid passing through it. When using the appropriate pressure and temperature values, the life of PPRC Pipes and Fittings can be more than 50 years.
Main Features of PPRC Systems;
1. 20 ° C and 25 atm pressure, 50 years of service life.
2. Suitable for use at 20 ° C to +95 ° C. (The freezing point of the fluid in the pipe insulation should be taken into consideration.)
3. It is durable for these reasons.
4. High resistance to chemicals.
5. The inner surface is slippery and shiny.
6. Water color, smell and taste do not change.
7. It provides heat and sound insulation.
8. Welding parts of diameter bending do not occur. This ensures the highest performance at the source.
9. Up to 70% savings can be achieved in assembly and installation.
10. It is also environmentally friendly.